As a starting point, we would encourage customers to take a look at our glass products online, read the brochure or contact our sales department. Our expert office staff manage all incoming enquiries, supported by a 24 hour answering service. They will be able to book an awning survey for a date and time which is convenient with you.
Confused about your glass extension order? Our FAQs may be able to help. If you can’t see what you’re looking for please don’t hesitate to contact us.
As a market leader in the supply and installation of glass extensions, we offer an unparalleled level of design and engineering excellence. Roché is a well established privately owned company and our name is synonymous with quality. Drawing on design and manufacturing expertise from continental partners Weinor, Roché installs glass extensions throughout the UK.
We never employ the high pressure sales techniques which are often typical in the home improvement market. We are unique in that we can give an indication of cost over the telephone, and our experienced surveyors will visit your home to conduct a site audit at your convenience.
Weinor is a German company specialising in the design and manufacture of world class glass rooms. We choose to offer Weinor’s glass products, the Terrazza roof and Glasoase room, because of their high build quality and wide choice of customisation options. This allows us to offer five year guarantees for domestic installations.
Roché offer the full range of Weinor glass products. The modular system includes the Terrazza glass roof, and glazed elements to turn it into the Glasoase glass room. It is possible to partially or fully enclose the Terrazza, with both fixed and moveable elements available. All solutions are designed and built to order, offering complete flexibility with design.
They may both be glass extensions to your living space, but glass rooms and conservatories are actually very different. Conservatories are insulated, while our glass rooms are not. While this means glass rooms cannot be used during the colder months without heating, they do provide a fresh air feeling with more ventilation and less heat buildup and condensation. Glass rooms therefore provide a closer connection with being outdoors.
While the Glasoase does provide shelter from the wind and rain, it is important to remember it is uninsulated, with small gaps between glazed elements. These design features add ventilation, reduce heat buildup and increase the feeling of being outdoors, but do mean the rooms are not completely water- or air-tight.
Glass room owners find outdoors furniture and traditional patio floor coverings are more suitable for this reason. While you probably won’t want to sit inside your Glasoase in winter, patio heaters make it comfortable for most of the year. Sliding and moving glass panels allow you to adapt the space to fully enjoy the warmer months.
Glass roofs and rooms are highly adaptable, and prices vary dependent on the specification. The cheapest option is the Terrazza roof, with prices increasing for the Glasoase room. For an indication of price please call the office with your approximate size requirements. We can also arrange a survey for a more accurate quotation.
A 5 year, no-quibble parts and labour guarantee is provided with all glass rooms installed by Roché. That means if you ever have a problem, our technical team is just a phone call away.
Weinor glass rooms are a highly technical product, therefore we are only able to supply them with our full installation service. This provides peace of mind that your project is being handled by experienced professionals, from start to finish.
1. Research. We have lots of information available online, or you may choose to pay a visit to our outdoor living showroom, where we have an installed Glasoase on display. You can also take this opportunity to discuss the available options with a member of our team.
2. Price Estimates. If you are interested in the prices of our Terrazza or Glasoase, please call the office. We are able to provide an estimate over the phone, and you can choose whether you would like a free site survey.
3. Survey. If you are happy with our price estimates we can arrange a free, no-obligation survey at a time which is convenient with you. Our surveyors visit addresses nationwide and we can usually arrange someone to visit your home within the next week. During this survey an experienced professional will take the accurate measurements we need for the design process. It also enables us to give you tailored quotation. You will receive this via email, around 24 hours after your survey.
4. Design. If you do decide to go ahead, we’ll prepare our technical design details, providing Weinor with everything they need to manufacture your glass room. As you can imagine it’s critical that these are as accurate as possible, so we may need to pay another short visit to your home to carry out a second survey. Small tasks like removing an outdoor light or relocating guttering will affect your installation, so we will need to make sure these tasks are all completed in time. If electrical work needs to be carried out we can employ an electrician, or you may prefer to source a local one yourself.
Once we have everything we need you’ll receive a confirmed quote in writing. We can also send you the technical details and a simple configuration of what the room will look like.
5. Manufacture. This is carried out in Weinor’s purpose-built factory in Germany, and usually takes 4 to 6 weeks. Our team will let you know as soon as it’s ready and get in touch to arrange a date for installation.
6. Installation. Installation itself will only take around 3 days. If the weather is particularly bad it may take longer, because rain can cause the glass to be slippery and unsafe for our installers.
7. After Sales Care. Once your glass room is installed it will be ready to use straight away. If you have any questions afterwards, or at any point in the future you’d like to discuss accessories or maintenance, our team are on hand to advise. A 5 year guarantee provides an assurance of quality.
In terms of manufacture, delivery and installation, typical lead times are around 8 weeks. Every job is different and we will be able to provide a more accurate timescale once we have the details of your requirements. Glass room seasonality means some times of the year are busier than others.
A key benefit of Weinor’s glass systems is that they are completely customisable. This means you can choose everything from the shape and size of the roof or room, to which glass elements are fixed and which slide or twist. Different frame colours and accessories like heaters, lighting bars and awnings allow you to tailor the installation to your exact requirements. For more information, see the brochures or phone the office.